I love easy meals, dont you? This Beef and Sausage recipe only takes about 15 minutes of prep time and less than 30 minutes to cook. The best part is that it reheats great so you can make it on Friday for a fast Shabbat meal the next day.
Did I mention that my husband and son both gave this recipe 5 stars? I realize it looks super simple, that’s because it is! If you like cabbage as much as me, you have to give this quick meal a try.
Easy Beef Sausage and Cabbage
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 25 min.
- 1 stick of real butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
- 1lb beef smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5oz) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Frank’s RedHot sauce (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cabbage and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep anything from sticking to the pan.
- Add the beef sausage, fire roasted tomatoes, corn, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover skillet with lid and let this simmer for about 25 minutes or until the cabbage is very soft.
- Taste your creation. Add Frank’s RedHot sauce to taste and adjust seasonings if needed. I usually add more garlic.
That’s it! It’s so easy and super tasty, too. I suggest serving it with a big piece of crusty bread. I know your family will enjoy this dish!
Did you try this recipe or do you have a similar dish your family loves? Please leave a comment and let me know. For more easy Sabbath recipes in the future, be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Shalom and be blessed!